What is a School Wide Positive Behavioral Program?
PBIS or Positive Behavioral Interventions or Supports is a school-wide positive behavior support system or set of strategies and systems to increase the capacity of schools to (a) reduce school disruption, and (b) educate all students including those with problem behaviors
- Clearly defined outcomes
- Research-validated practices
- Supportive administrative systems
- Use of information for problem-solving
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF PBIS?
- Establish regular, predictable, positive learning & teaching environments.
- Train adults & students to serve as positive models.
- Teach and model behavioral expectations
- Create systems for providing regular positive feedback.
- Acknowledge students when they are “doing the right thing”.
- Improve social competence.
- Develop environments that support academic success.
Click the link below to learn about our Awesome Abe PBIS program